Watertown Regional Airport turns in strongest month of 2023

June 2, 2023
Mike Tanner

WATERTOWN, S.D.–Watertown Regional Airport (ATY) is coming off its strongest month of the year in terms of passenger boardings.

Airport Manager Rob Cyrus says there were 1,519 boardings in May.

Of that total, 993 passengers were destined for Denver, and the other 526 to Chicago.

For the first five months of the year, total passenger enplanements out of Watertown were at 5, 584, with 60 percent of passengers flying to Denver International, and the other 40 percent to Chicago O’Hare.

Boardings by month at ATY:
January: 737
February: 778
March: 1,365
April: 1,185
May: 1,519