Watertown Fire Rescue responds to report of smoldering outlet in home

April 26, 2022
Mike Tanner

WATERTOWN, S.D.–A close call this morning as Watertown Fire Rescue responded to a possible fire at 2002 11th Avenue Southwest just after 8 o’clock.

They found an electrical outlet smoldering in the residence.

Fire crews cut open the wall to make sure no fire extension had occurred, and went underneath the home to make sure there was no extension on the underside.

After it was confirmed no extension had occurred, debris was cleaned up and units cleared the scene.