Watertown Fire Rescue called to house fire on Crestview Drive
December 9, 2019
WATERTOWN, S.D.—Watertown Fire Rescue was called out to a house fire early this (Monday) morning.
The fire at 1273 Crestview Drive was called in at 2:00 a.m.
Crews arrived to find no visible sign of smoke or fire. After searching the home, crews found a fire inside of a wall above a wood burning fireplace.
Crews tore into the wall to expose the fire and were able to extinguish it. The fire did not extend beyond the area of origin.
The home contained working smoke detectors which alerted the family to the fire. They were able to exit the home safely.
The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced family.