Bathroom exhaust fan determined as cause of Florence fire

October 10, 2023
Mike Tanner

FLORENCE, S.D.–A faulty exhaust fan in the men’s bathroom is the apparent cause of an August 28th fire that heavily damaged a bar in Florence.

The fire burned a hole through the roof and gutted the interior of the Sidetrack Bar and Grill. The fire was discovered just before the business opened that day, and no one was injured.

Owner A.J. Hanson says the rebuilding process began last week. The entire roof is being replaced, along with everything on the inside too.

He says they’ve been working to get contractors lined up in hopes of having all of the repair work done by the first of the year.