May 8, 2020
FARGO, N.D. — Like so many businesses, it’s been a long wait to reopen but today (Friday), West Acres Mall in Fargo is once again be open for business. Hours will be from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week. The mall has been closed for two months because of COVID-19,
The mall’s management says say over the past few weeks they have worked on a re-opening strategy to ensure that when the doors to the public open, it’s been done in the safest way possible.
Feedback and guidance from the mall’s teams, store owners and managers, as well as Governor Burgum, and the CDC has been underway.
The opening will be done with new protocols in place for the safety and well-being of our visitors and employees. The process of reopening will be gradual
West Acres protocols:
– Visitors age 16 & under must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times.
– Extra cleaning protocols, especially in high traffic and high-touch areas, have been put in place.
– All able West Acres team members will be wearing masks and have been trained on proper cleaning and distancing practices.
– Furniture has been removed from the common areas & food court seating has been spaced to accommodate distancing.
– Some of our amenities will remain closed during this time, including: Playland, coat and package check, gift wrapping services, the Buffalo Court piano, Center Court books, Fountain Court Kaleidoscopes, photo booths, drinking fountains, and candy machines.
– Signage will be placed throughout the mall to serve as a reminder for physical distancing and other safety policies.