Fire destroys Clark mobile home

September 1, 2023
Mike Tanner

CLARK, S.D.–A mobile home in Clark was destroyed by fire Thursday afternoon.

The fire call to the 300-block of 2nd Avenue Northwest, just west of the elementary school, came in around 2:30.

Clark police say three young children were in the home at the time of the fire. All of them got out safely.

Clark firefighters responded, but by the time they got there, the house was at least 50-percent engulfed in flames.

The fire started in a couch in the home, and may have been started by a burning candle that tipped over.