MILLERVILLE, MINN. – Authorities say two brothers are dead after being overcome by fumes in a grain silo on a farm northwest of Alexandria.
The victims were identified as 47-year-old Curt Boesl and 49-year-old Steven Boesl.
Authorities say Curt Boesl’s, 11 year-old son Alex also fell ill to the fumes late Saturday morning near Millerville and was taken by air ambulance to a Twin Cities hospital. His condition has not been released.
Steven Boesl died at the scene. Curt Boesl died Sunday morning.
The fermentation of silage can form a variety of gases, including nitrogen dioxide, which is highly toxic.