Watertown Fire Rescue dispatched to apartment building fire
January 6, 2022
WATERTOWN, S.D.–Watertown Fire Rescue was called Wednesday afternoon to a report of a fire in an apartment building.
When fire crews arrived at 18 4th Avenue Southeast, they found smoke had filled the building and people living there were outside.
The source of the fire and smoke was a sump pump in the basement of the building that was malfunctioning and overheating.
Fire crews unplugged the sump pump and ventilated the building before leaving the scene.