Legal Advice without the Price – January 14, 2021

The Legal Advice without the Price question for January 14, 2021

Dear Ron,

My boyfriend and I lived together in South Dakota and while I lived with him I became pregnant. I moved back to Minnesota and the baby was born in Minnesota. About a year later the father started a paternity action and requested custody. Can he bring the action in South Dakota? How can he ask for custody, he was not in my baby’s life for a year?

Hear Ron’s answer below.

Legal Advice without the Price can be heard every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:15 a.m. on KIXX 96, 8:30 a.m. on New Country KS93 and 9:10 a.m. on 96.9 KDLO. Have a question for Ron? Email [email protected]