Fire destroys Volga garage and its contents

Photo: Getty Images

November 24, 2020

Mike Tanner

VOLGA, S.D. — A costly fire in Volga over the weekend.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 400-block of Adams Avenue Sunday afternoon.

They found a garage fully engulfed in flames.

Volga firefighters were able to knock down the fire before it spread to the home.

The contents of the garage, which included a pickup, a car, a four wheeler, snow blower, tools and fishing equipment, were a total loss.

The home sustained smoke damage.

The cause of the fire is believed to be a propane heater that was being used in the garage.