December 5, 2023
ABERDEEN, S.D.–The cause of a house fire in Aberdeen is under invesigation.
According to Aberdeen Fire Rescue, the call came in Sunday afternoon of a fire in the 200 block of 7th Avenue Southeast.
When crews arrived, heavy smoke had spread through the entire structure and fire could be seen from the rear of the home.
The fire was quickly knocked down and four occupants and two pets were able to evacuate. There was significant fire, smoke and water damage throughout the residence, and the home in uninhabitable.
The Red Cross assisted the occupants in finding temporary housing.