Burnsville, Minn. (GoWolves.com) – For the fifth time this season, Northern State track and field student-athlete and Watertown native Tanner Berg is the NSIC Field Athlete of the Week. Berg had a career weekend at the SDSU Last Chance.
NSIC Men’s Field Athlete of the Week – Tanner Berg (Throws, Sr., Watertown, S.D. / Watertown HS)
– Placed in the shot put and won the weight throw at the SDSU Last Chance
– Opened the day with a fifth place finish in the shot put, throwing 16.25m (53-03.75)
– Broke his own school record in the weight throw with a NCAA auto qualifying toss of 22.55m (73-11.75)
– The throw is the third best in NCAA Division II history and ranks him first in the nation
– Named NSIC Field Athlete of the Week for the fifth time this season