BURNSVILLE, M.N. (NSUWolves.com) – Northern State University junior Tanner Berg is adding to his early season honors, being named the opening NSIC Field Athlete of the Week. Berg followed up is USTFCCCA national honor from a week ago.
Tanner Berg (Throws, Sr., Watertown, S.D. / Watertown HS)
– Opened his season winning the weight throw 66-8.75 (20.34m) and shot put 52-10.75 (16.12m) in a dual versus Jamestown
– Earned the USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week award following his weekend at UJ
– Improved his weight mark at the Marauder Open, throwing an NCAA automatic qualifying mark of 69-9.75 (21.28m)
– He threw two auto-qualifying marks in his series at UMary
– Currently ranks first in the nation in the weight throw and 14th in the shot put